Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wedding Chain

Weddings and engagements have been on mind a lot lately.  I'm at that stage in my life where everyone seems to be getting engaged.  Since Thanksgiving alone, I think about 10 people I know have gotten engaged!  Two happened this past week!  I'm so happy for all of them, but sometimes being single it can make me long for a boyfriend and finding that special man.  But, I do know God has his timing for everything...

Anywho, one of my best friends is getting married this year on 9/10/11...along with about a million other people in the world, too...haha.  I'm her Maid of Honor and am super excited to stand by her side as she marries the perfect man for her.  They are precious together and I have been with them throughout their whole relationship.  I've known her fiance since third grade, and I met her (Jaclyn) my senior year of high school (though we were not really good friends at the time...more just classmates).  I was in Business Calculus with the two of them senior year when they started dating.  Then we all went off to the same college and out of 6000 freshman we all ended up in the same dorm...crazy!  I think it was totally a God thing because I really needed a friend after a bad roommate situation, and she was there for me.  Now, the rest is history!  We have been best friends for about 4 years and I'm going to be in her wedding!

From today, there are 34 weeks until she gets married.  For Christmas this year, I made her a wedding countdown chain.

Wedding Countdown Chain
Every Saturday, she opens that week's chain link and inside it has a message, Bible verse, quote, or some piece of advice from me or another one of our friends.  I got the idea from a friend of mine and I think it's cutest thing!  I had so much fun making it, and I've loved watching how excited she is each week when she takes off the next link to countdown.  We both almost cried as I gave it to her and she opened it...haha!  Such a special personalized gift!

Jaclyn with her chain after I gave it to her


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey thanks so much for visiting my blog! I like what you said on here about God's perfect timing- only HE knows when we will meet our future Mr.'s!
annd that countdown ring is awesome! I miight steal that someday (: My bff is gonna be getting engaged any time now! haha
I'm loving your blog and can't wait to read more
-Jess.

A Wedding Story said...

I love your countdown chair you made! How sweet and thoughtful!

Chelle & My boys said...

What a great idea.. love the countdown chain!! You will find your prince charming, just wait on God's perfect timing!! It took me a long time!!! It's worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet idea! I love it!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "